Tuesday, April 13th, 2021
5:30 – 6:30pm
If you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain, join us as we explore three blended cocktails and snacks to go with them!
Join our ZOOM program HERE
- 2 ounces light rum
- 1 1/2 ounces cream of coconut
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Garnish: pineapple wedge
- Garnish: pineapple leaf
Add the rum, cream of coconut and pineapple and lime juices to a shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 20 to 30 seconds. Strain into a chilled Hurricane glass over pebble ice. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and pineapple leaf and of course, an umbrella and straw.
High On The Hog – Serves 4
- 3 1/4 ounces Kentucky straight bourbon
- 28 ounces ginger ale
- 2 ounces Dolin dry vermouth
- 2 3/4 ounces maple infused or flavored whiskey
- Garnish: 4 crispy bacon strips
Add all ingredients with ice into blender. Blend until slushy consistency is achieved. Pour directly into highball glasses and garnish with a strip of bacon!
Vodka and Watermelon Slushie – Serves 6
- 3 pounds watermelon, rind and seedsdiscarded and the flesh cut into pieces,plus thin slices of watermelon for garnish
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
In a blender purée the watermelon pieces and strain the purée through a very fine sieve set over a pitcher, discarding the solids. (There should be about 2-1/3 cups juice). Stir in the vodka, the Triple Sec, and the lime juice, pour the cooler into long-stemmed glasses filled with ice cubes, and garnish each drink with a watermelon slice.